This page will always be a work in progress to introduce you to the best e commerce tools and resources to help you grow your online retail business. I’ll keep adding to this page as I experiment and learn by using the products. Some of these links are affiliate links, but I will only recommend services and products I have used and benefited from. Products and services that I have not used but have read good reviews will be noted for your info.
Since I’ll be updating this page often, make sure you bookmark it for your own personal reference.
E-commerce Shopping Carts
- BigCommerce Shopping Cart – I currently have 3 online retail sites with BigCommerce. This is a great platform to begin your e-business especially if you’re just beginning.
- Shopify – I’ve used Shopify on 2 online retail sites. Both did fairly well and I just love the dedication of the Shopify team toward design and ease of use. I recommend this shopping cart if you have a small number of products, or if you have your own product line.
Online Printers (Business Cards, Posters, Flyers, etc)
- PrintRunner – Great pricing and offers a free business card designer online for people who want an easy solution to creating a business card.
- PS Print – Like PrintRunner, PS Print offers great pricing and allows you to create custom prints, from flyers to calendars.
Business Phone Numbers
- Grasshopper – Grasshopper makes it easy for you to register a toll free phone number that forwards to your personal or business phone. Custom messages and hold music is also included in their basic $9.99/mo package. For the basic package you’ll have to pay a few cents per minute of received phone calls in addition to the $9.99/mo fee.
- Skype – Great for getting local area code phone numbers. Only costs a few dollars a month to set up and is a great compliment to Grasshopper’s toll free phone number.
- Hostmonster – Hostmonster is owned by the same parent company as Bluehost. Their color scheme is the different, but everything else is exactly the same. Better yet, hosting is only $5.95/mo. I have been hosting my websites on Hostmonster for years! Highly recommended.
- WordPress – By far the #1 blogging platform on the Internet. It’s easy to use and is able to scale up very well. Some of the biggest websites run on WordPress. Did I mention WordPress is free? Get the hosting above and start blogging for free today. Having a blog helps you improve your rankings on the search engines.
- Google Keyword Tool – Starting your eCommerce business? Use the Google Keyword tool to see how many times a month your specific product is searched on Google. You’ll also be able to see how competitive the keyword is.
Statistics and Tracking
- Google Analytics – A free website tracking and analysis tool by Google. The sheer amount of data that’s collected by Google Analytics is amazing. This tool is a must for anyone running an eCommerce website.
- MailChimp – A great easy to use email marketing solution. I’ve been using this for my BigCommerce site along with other sites. It’s free up to 1,000 subscribers and 6,000 emails a month! It doesn’t get any better than this
- Google AdWords – If done correctly, AdWords can bring in quality traffic to your website that converts at a high rate. If you’re not careful and check your campaigns on a regular basis, you’ll end up loosing a lot of money, so caveat emptor.
- Incorporate – The service I used to incorporate. Offers a lot of other legal services and legal templates.
iPhone Apps for Business
- Strengths Finder 2.0 – This book is a really short read, but the included self assessment test is crucial to understand your strengths and how it can apply to both your business and life. Learn to use and grow your strengths to have a more fulfilling life. Check out the StrengthsFinder 2.0 Book Review for detailed information.
- The 4-Hour Work Week by Timoth Ferriss
- Moonlighting on the Internet by Yanik Silver
- Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time by Brian Tracy
- The Way to Wealth by Brian Tracy
- Strengths Finder
- The Dip by Seth Godin
- Purple Cow by Seth Godin
- Getting Everything You Can Out of Everything You’ve Got by Jay Abraham
- Influence by Robert Cialdini
- The Power of Full Engagement by Tony Schwartz and Jim Loher
- Brain Rules by John Medina